List of steps to reproduce (step by step, including full links if applicable):
- create a form with an "uploadable" field (in my case: input type=tokens
- then edit a page with this form and try to upload a file
- In the MW upload dialog, you can select a file. First problem: the predifined default filename gets replaced by the actual name of the file. This is not good, because then the user does not see the suggested filename anymore. Usually the filename for the upload gets selected (can be edited), but the name or the original file does not matter.
- after the upload dialoge, you come back to the form, where NO filename is written in the field
- when you save the page, no edit has been done, thus no reference to the file is stored on the page
What should have happened instead?:
- The default filename should stay on the upload form and change only if I change it manually
- the name of the uploaded file should be put in the form field.
Software version (if not a Wikimedia wiki), browser information, screenshots, other information, etc:
PHP 7.4.22 (cgi-fcgi)
PF 5.2.1 (01a2363) 19:05, 28. Apr. 2021