I don't see any showstopper or anything that prevents us from moving the logic from Title to DeletePage and make it not be page-wise but deletion-wise, as long as the following things are done/kept in mind:
- The old behaviour should be deprecated: soft deprecation and a mention in the release notes. Hard deprecation is impossible as callers have no way to specify whether they want that code to be executed or not.
- Add a notice to Tech/News once the old code is removed, in particular for the change to ApiQueryInfo behaviour
- It'd be nice if we could migrate the methods listed above that also delete pages to the new DeletePage service
- I'd like to better understand the code in Translate and see if it can be migrated, too
- Obviously, make sure that deletion-related code in core (DeleteAction, FileDeleteForm, ApiDelete, WikiPage) will still perform the bigdeletion check.
Note: The removal of the deprecated code is tracked in T293463.