Once the patch that upgrades MediaWiki's copy of Vue from 2.6 to the migration build of Vue 3.2 is ready, test that patch with each of the extensions below. Migration warnings can be ignored at this stage, but errors and other breakage should be fixed before the Vue 3 patch can be merged.
- Wikibase (including wikibase-termbox, which is a submodule of Wikibase)
- Download this MW core change (git review -d 666460 in MW core)
- Change your initialization code to use Vue.createMwApp() instead of new Vue() (see T289020 for examples)
- Test that the Vue code in the extension still initializes correctly, and is attached to the DOM in the correct place
- Download this MW core change (git review -d 666434 in MW core)
- Test the Vue code in the extension, verifying that nothing breaks and there are no errors in the console (you may see warnings about deprecated things from Vue 2; that's fine, ignore those for now). Don't just load each Vue feature, but interact with it and test its functionality; some errors may only become apparent when a component is interacted with.
- Undo the changes you made in step 2 (e.g. by stashing your changes with git stash)
- Repeat step 3; if your extension uses Vuex or custom plugins, test those too
- (Optional) upload the changes you made in step 2 to Gerrit, with Depends-On: Ib3ef9b88547b43c566abb007cde08a27baf2b7a4 at the bottom of the commit message
Additional steps for extensions that use Vuex:
- Reapply the changes you made in step 2 (which you undid in step 6)
- Download this MW core change (git review -d 709125 in MW core)
- Test that features in the extension that use Vuex still work
- Change your initialization and store creation code to use the new Vuex 4 calling style described in T289103
- Repeat step 11