This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of centrallog2002.codfw.wmnet
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: 1G rack, replacing centrallog1001 so no other restrictions
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: 1g private vlan
Partitioning/Raid: partman/standard.cfg partman/raid10-4dev.cfg (sw raid of disks)
OS Distro: Bullseye
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T285908 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- - firmware update (idrac, bios, network, raid controller)
- - operations/puppet update - this should include updates to install_server dhcp and netboot, and site.pp role(insetup) or cp systems use role(insetup::nofirm).
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.