Specific: What do we want to achieve?
Sticky header is enabled for logged in users on the beta cluster. The first version will be:
- Provide some level of support for customization by editors (likely via user preference)
- Will have instrumentation for evaluating the feature.
- Will be compatible with sticky elements in user generated content per T283505#7305719
Measurable: How will we know when we've reached our goal?
This goal can be closed when the feature is available on the beta cluster, with no rollback plans. By being enabled on the beta cluster, we've signalled we've done enough that it can be considered presentable to members outside the team.
Achievable: What support will we need to achieve our goal?
The web team will need support from:
- the performance team relating to the search feature
- The editing team for integrating the talk and edit buttons
- The language team for integrating the language button
Relevant: Is this goal worthwhile?
Sticky header will allow users to access important functionality (logging in/out, edit, talk pages, etc.) without requiring people to scroll to the top of the page. It has been
Time-bound: What is the time frame? Can we achieve this goal in the timeframe we've set?
Quarterly goal for Q1, Q2.
sign off steps
- Add goal card card for next step - deploying on office and test wiki.
Sign off steps
- Make tasks relating to clean up of the feature and next steps.