This particular consultation is intended to help us answer the following questions:
- Do Senior Contributors who have Automatic Topic Subscriptions enabled find it intuitive that they will receive notifications about new comments posted in discussions that they: A) Start and/or B) post a new comment in?
- Do Senior Contributors know how to adjust whether they are automatically subscribed to conversations they start and/or comment in?
- Do Senior Contributors think they have fine enough control over what causes them to become automatically subscribed to discussions?
- Do Senior Contributors know how to tell whether they are subscribed to a conversation or not?
- Do Senior Contributors understand what the [ subscribe ] and Add this page to your watchlist affordances do? Context: T290712#7353382.
Call for feedback is being drafted here: https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:PPelberg_(WMF)/sandbox
- Conversations are started at the ===Consultation wikis listed below that invite volunteers to try the automatic topic subscriptions prototype and share the feedback they have about it.
- Links to the conversations that have been started are posted in the ===Consultation wikis section below
- The issues volunteers surface in through testing are documented in ===Emergent issues
|Project name||Code||Link to conversation|
|Description||Link(s) to feedback||Ticket|
|Unexpected that you are not automatically re-subscribed to a section you previously unsubscribed from after commenting in it||Topic:Wjsd9nggwvzv3o9o, Topic:Wk7cqvino2vjv0jz||T295950|
|Concern that people already using DiscussionTools will have difficulty discovering Automatic Topic Subscriptions||Topic:Wjtq6x364luwk5f0||We will measure automatic vs. manual subscription initiation in T280896|
|Introduce ability to set subscription preference within the Reply and New Discussion Tools' Advanced shelves||Topic:Wjtq6x364luwk5f0, Topic:Wk7cqvino2vjv0jz||T295087|
|Pop-up can appear "behind" the page chrome||Topic:Wk7cqvino2vjv0jz||T295948|
- 1. Is automatic topic posting (T280199) needed for this test?
- All ===Open questions are answered
- Messages inviting people to try the automatic subs prototype are posted at each of the ===Consultation wikis listed above
- Any and all issues that volunteers spot are documented in the === Issues above