This particular consultation is intended to help us answer the following questions:
- Do Senior Contributors find it intuitive that they are automatically subscribed to conversations that they: A) Start and/or B) post a new comment in?
- Where – within Special:Preferences – do people expect to be taken after clicking the Visit preferences button within the pop-up
- Are Senior Contributors confident in their understanding of the following?
- A) The impact automatic subscriptions will have on their on-wiki experience
- B) What abilities they have to configure how automatic topic subscriptions work
- C) Where/how they can know whether they are subscribed to a conversation or not.
- D) What impact checking/unchecking the soon-to-be renamed Watch this page checkbox has. Context: T290712#7353382.
Call for feedback is being drafted here: https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:PPelberg_(WMF)/sandbox
- Conversations are started at the ===Consultation wikis listed below that invite volunteers to try the automatic topic subscriptions prototype and share the feedback they have about it.
- Links to the conversations that have been started are posted in the ===Consultation wikis section below
- The issues volunteers surface in through testing are documented in ===Emergent issues
|Project name||Code||Link to conversation|
|English Wikipedia||en.wiki||WP:VPT#dtenable testing|
|Issue name||Description||Link to feedback in context||Ticket|
- 1. Is automatic topic posting (T280199) needed for this test?
- All ===Open questions are answered
- Messages inviting people to try the automatic subs prototype are posted at each of the ===Consultation wikis listed above
- Any and all issues that volunteers spot are documented in the === Issues above