T262103 introduced a first-run experience to make people using the Reply or New Discussion Tool aware the first time they've been automatically subscribed to a conversation after posting a new comment or starting a new discussion.
This task involves the work with extending the work that was done in T262103 to design the first-run experiences people will encounter when they use one of the interfaces listed in the ===Requirements section below to become automatically subscribed to a conversation for the first time.
- As someone who has just been automatically subscribed to a topic for the first time (read: posted a comment in an existing conversation or started a new one):
- I want to know that I will be made aware when someone posts a new comment in the discussion I just participated in/started, so that I have an accurate expectation for how I will know if someone responds to me.
- I want to know how (read: the channels) I will be made aware when someone posts a new comment in the discussion I just participated in/started, so that I can know where to look for updates about new activity in conversations I'm subscribed to
- I want to how I can adjust the channel(s) (e.g. web, email) through which I am notified when someone responds in a conversations I've subscribed to, so that I can continue to ensure notifications are being delivered to me through the channels I check
- I want to know where I can adjust whether I am automatically subscribed to the future discussions I start and/or participate so that I can continue to ensure the notifications I receive are valuable to me
- Experiences should be designed for mobile and desktop
- The experience being designed as part of this ticket should not conflict with the existing You have subscribed! "popup" [i]
- The first-run experiences being designed in this ticket should apply to the following editing interfaces (borrowed from T290041):
To be created.