Steps to reproduce
- As user A, subscribe to an existing topic on, say, Talk:Main Page.
- As user B, reply to it.
- As user B, archive the said section to e.g. Talk:Main Page/Archive 1.
- As user A, look at your notifications.
- There are two notifications about user B’s reply:
- one linking to Talk:Main Page, with the timestamp when the reply was posted;
- and one linking to Talk:Main Page/Archive 1, with the timestamp of the archival.
- There is one notification, with the timestamp when the reply was posted, linking to Talk:Main Page/Archive 1. (Fixing the link is rather a feature request and may not be possible at the current stage of the project, but the duplicate notification is definitely a bug.)
Patch demo of If96a0df1efbf5cadfb6bf2bf8f7ad5c9c90ea142 at https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/de6265b1b7/. The bug doesn’t seem to be connected to the patch, though.