Depends on T290953: Results page - confirmation of review decision submission for the dialog component
As a mismatch reviewer
I want to have a shortened description of the upload in the upload info for a mismatch
in order to more easily scan the table of all mismatches
We need to shorten the text for the description in the upload info in order to keep the table manageable for the mismatch reviewer. For this, we need to show only the start of the upload description, display a "read the full description" link and then offer the full description in a dialog.
We have a column in the table called "Upload Info" : the cells of this column contain three main info:
- Name of the uploader
- Date of the upload
- Short description: when exceeding a max amount of characters a "read the full description" link is shown. When clicked, a dialog component with the complete, unfolded short description is shown.
Link to Figma.
GIVEN a mismatch results table
WHEN reviewing a mismatch with a long upload description
THEN I can see a shortened upload description and a "read the full description" link
GIVEN a long upload description in the results table
WHEN clicking "read the full description"
THEN I can see a dialog with the full upload description
- Upload descriptions that exceed the length limit are shortened
- Shortened upload descriptions have a "read the full description" link
- The "read the full description" link opens a dialog with the full upload description
- What should the limit for the length of the description be? @Mattia_Capozzi_WMDE
We have the same length limit for all form factors.