This task is about introducing an affordance of some kind within the New Discussion and Reply Tools that will take people to the location within #Special:Preferences that enables them to adjust the behavior of these two tools.
- As someone who is wanting to use the interface and worfklow for starting new discussions that I am used to, I want to know how to disable the New Discussion Tool, so that I can regain access to the section=new experience I am used to.
- As someone who is no longer wanting to see [ reply ] links on the talk pages I am viewing, I want to know how to disable the Reply Tool, so that I can continuing seeing and using talk pages in the state I am used to.
@matmarex suggested adding a link in the footer, next to "Share feedback about this feature", that would link directly to the "Discussion pages" section of preferences.
- For people who are logged in, a link is added beneath the REPLY TOOL'S and the NEW DISCUSSION TOOL'S Advanced shelf that, when clicked, takes people to the Discussion pages heading within Special:Preferences (read: they should be taken to the #mw-prefsection-editing-discussion section)
Tracking should be added so that we can answer the following questions:We will address logging in T292044. "How many individual people are clicking the setting link within the Reply Tool?" "How many individual people are clicking the setting link within the New Discussion Tool?"
- Mockups that fulfill the ===User stories and satisfy the ===Requirements are posted to the ===Mockups section
- The ===Mockups are implemented