This task is about identifying the Wikipedias that will participate in the A/B test of the New Discussion Tool.
There are two parts to this task:
- Identifying potential wikis for inclusion in the New Discussion Tool A/B test
- Confirming with these wikis that they are comfortable participating in the New Discussion Tool A/B test
The "Candidate wikis" below, collectively, met the following requirements:
- There is a large enough number of people editing talk pages each month for the A/B test to reach "significance" in a relatively short amount of time
- Wikis whose editors are likely to come from a variety of different locations
- Wikis whose editors use a variety of languages and scripts to communicate
- Wikis whose monthly talk page editors are comprised of significant numbers of Junior and Senior Contributors
- The Reply Tool is already available as an opt-out feature
- See list: Talk pages project/Replying#31 August 2021.
|ID||Wiki||Code||Link to on-wiki conversation||Status (e.g. participation confirmed)|
Note: you might notice this list is identical to the wikis that participated in the Reply Tool A/B test (T267379) with the following exception: the Afrikaans and Swahili Wikipedias are not included because the Reply Tool A/B test data [i] leads us to think there are not enough people using talk pages at these wikis to draw conclusions from the limited usage data. [ii]
- @MNeisler verifies the ===Candidate wikis will produce a sufficient amount and diversity of usage data for us to draw conclusions from
- @Whatamidoing-WMF consults with the ===Candidate wikis and documents the wikis that are and are not open to participating in the A/B test in this ticket