Steps to reproduce
- Open a Wikidata item, e.g. https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q80?safemode=1#sitelinks-special (safe mode makes sure that the bug is not in a gadget or site script).
- Look at the title of the sitelink box and notice it says “Multilingual sites (1 entry)”.
- Click on the edit link of the sitelink box.
- Notice that it says “Multilingual sites (1 entry”; the closing parentheses is missing.
- The closing parentheses is still there.
- The parentheses doesn’t come back if I save or cancel the edit.
- After some debugging, I suspect that the bug is in rEWBA view/resources/jquery/wikibase/jquery.wikibase.sitelinklistview.js:298 (at de30eeba0f5e), namely that jQuery doesn’t like the self-closing tag <span/>. This may be a change caused by the recent removal of the jQuery 3 migration layer (T280944).