We want to help effective communication between users in the Wikipedia Android app to improve Wikipedia. Our goal is to create a simple and better communication interface to lower barriers for working with other Wikipedians and increase confidence while improving the wikis.
- When do users want to communicate with other users on Wikipedia?
- What other tools do people use to communicate outside of Wikipedia?
- How do users prefer to access user talk pages?
- How do users prefer to access article talk pages?
- Do users desire to look up other users on Wikipedia?
- How can edits discussions be made more efficiently for users?
The snackbar will be targeted to:
- English Wikipedia users/editors in India and Nigeria
- Arabic and French Wikipedia users/editors from Morocco, Egypt, DR Congo and Mali
- Hindi Wikipedia users/editors
- Indonesian Wikipedia users/editors
- Japanese Wikipedia
Check out the latest version of the protocol on MediaWiki.