This task represents the work of:
- Testing the "Fixed 'sticky' site header" to see how it interacts with existing editing functionality
- Documenting the issues we identified through "1)"
- Identifying the issues we think warrant blocking the initial deployment of the "Fixed 'sticky' site header" that will happen in T283505
- EOD Friday, 22 October: the Editing Team will document any issues they encounter with the sticky header on this ticket for discussion the week of 25 Oct.
- EOD Friday, 29 October: the Editing Team will add any issues we think warrant blocking the initial deployment of the "Fixed 'sticky' site header" as sub-tasks of T283505.
Editing Team: please use this section to document the issues you encounter while testing the "Fixed 'sticky' site header."
- T293158: Clicking the sticky header edit icon should not reload the page
- T289723: Sticky header: Add edit icons to sticky header
To test the sticky header, please do the following.
- Visit the Beta Cluster: https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/
- Log in (if you are not already)
- Ensure the Use Legacy Vector setting is disabled within Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-rendering
- Visit a page within the main namespace, like Cats
- Ensure your page is at least 1200px wide
- Scroll the page down
- Notice the sticky header appears with
- ✅That's it
|Function||Sticky header reviewed (Y/N)||Issues documented within ===Observed issues section (Y/N)|
- T287545: a collection of the requirements the Editing and Web Teams collectively defined to ensure the Sticky Header meets the needs of people who are editing Wikipedia and transitioning into and away from doing so.