QA currently cannot see survey behavior on Beta because the survey is deployed at coverage 0 to not bother other users of beta wiki.
We should deploy a safety survey test in a couple of specific pages at coverage 100 so that @Djackson-ctr and others can go to that page and see if dismissal works.
- Create a couple of test pages locally and in https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/ for example to host the survey
- Essex's Beta Sandbox id - 265894
- Ellen's Beta Sandbox id - 265895
- Create a survey config for a fake safety survey with coverage 1 and configured to appear in the two test pages
- Messages should go in Extension:WikimediaMessages (example)
- Test the survey works locally
- Submit a patch to operations/mediawiki-config in InitialiseSettings-labs.php adding the test survey and add other devs as reviewers to test
- Once the patch is code reviewed and +1d schedule it for a backport window:
- Read https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Backport_windows, specifically the "Guidelines" and "How to submit a patch for backport" to know what will be requested of you.
- Follow the instructions and add the patch to https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments
- Be present for the window, and follow the instructions of the deployer
- Test the survey shows up in the defined pages as needed
- Safety survey test is deployed to a beta cluster wiki and enabled with coverage 1 in a couple of pages
- The links to the pages with the safety survey have been listed here and in the parent task for QA and others to notice