One of the main questions from T294503: [EPIC] Measuring the impact of exposing talk pages to mobile web anons is the evaluation of whether readers and other anonymous users understand how to interact with the current version of the talk page. One of the metrics we can focus on to measure this is bounce rate. This task will focus on defining the definition of bounce rate we will use for this measurement, as well as outline the instrumentation required to implement it.
- Create schema that measure interactions based on the heading: "Hypothesis: Readers will not understand what the talk page is and how to interact with it" https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11o7ZBtFff2Bi2L0kD-qC1c4XS82QqVs8fjcms824aO0/edit#gid=0
Remind yourself how to check instrumentation is running.
The beta cluster should be sending events to https://intake-analytics.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/v1/events?hasty=true at 100% for mobile traffic. Filter network tab to events
- Visit https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Spain and check an init event is sent.
- Click article/talk page tab and check they fire events.
- Click "Add new discussion" should fire an event
- Clicking a section heading should fire an event
- Clicking read as wiki page should fire an event