- On devices with low resolution, most of the screen is filled with information that is not immediately actionable without scrolling.
But this simpler footer works as well for now:
You can use https://mismatch-finder.toolforge.org/ and https://item-quality-evaluator.toolforge.org/ for inspiration about implementation.
Links for the footer:
- Licensed under BSD 3-Clause License (can remain GPLv2 for now)
- This should link to a file named "LICENSE" in the main path of the repository with the license as content (example: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/wikidata/query-builder/+/refs/heads/master/LICENSE)
- View Source: Github
- This should link to the appropriate path in our repository (example: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/wikidata/query-builder)
- Report an issue
- This should link to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/?title=Wikidata%20Current%20Events%20Dashboard&description=%2A%2AMain%20components%3A%2A%2A%20%0A%2A%20Current%20Events%20Dashboard%0A%0A%2A%2AProblem%3A%2A%2A%0APlease%20describe%20the%20problem.%20If%20possible%20include%20steps%20to%20reproduce%20and%20give%20an%20example.%0A%0A%2A%2AScreenshots%3A%2A%2A%0AIf%20possible%2C%20please%20add%20a%20screenshot%20that%20illustrates%20the%20problem.%20&projects=Wikidata_Analytics
- This should link to https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Non-wiki_privacy_policy
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- This should link to https://www.wikimedia.de/
- Made with ❤️ by the Wikidata team
- This should link to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Report_a_technical_problem
- The browser title reads “Current Events Dashboard” (it currently shows "Qurator...")
- Remove Constraint Violation Checker for now.
Create a short Current Events README
Show 25 entries should move to the bottom (if possible within the scope of the tools used)(NOT DONE)
- No "Frequently revised items in the previous 72 hours" shown
- include “user feedback” for empty tables
- Footer in the simple ("Made by the Wikimedia development team" etc) or ideally the new and advanced layout
- No "Updated every minute. Previous 72 hours: As the data on recent changes accumulate we provide summary statistics on edits made in the previous seventy-two (72) hours (or three days) and update the table below every ten minutes. You can instantly update the dashboard by reloading it." should be shown
- "Latest update" should move to the bottom
- change the order of the tables from 6h-72h to 72h-6h (so that the first table shown will always be filled)
- As we are sorting for Editors first and Revisions second, they should also appear in that order (as seen in the mockup).
- Heading should read “Wikidata Current Events Dashboard” (text not picture if at all possible; if only text *or* a picture work for the heading let's go for just text then
- Remove Google news column (e.g. not available everywhere)
- Remove timestamp column (mostly redundant)
- Align numbers right
- Remove search box