Currently, the mentee overview table in GrowthExperiments-MentorDashboard shows different users than the filters in recent changes. This is confusing, and resulted in a couple of tasks filled (see subtasks).
- Decide which kind of mentees we want to show to mentors (currently, mentee overview shows users who made an edit in last 6 months or registered in last 14 days; we might want to add an experience limit, and we likely should account for opt-outs from T287915)
- Ensure both recent changes and mentee overview show the same set of users
- Ensure recent changes filters stay realtime
During the 2022-10-26 mentorship meeting, we decided to include users who registered in the last 6 months in both the Mentor dashboard and recent changes filters. From the requirements above:
- We'll show users who registered in last 6 months (ie. display more users in Mentee overview)
- All users who show in recent changes will show in Mentee overview (once it updates); all users who appear in Mentee overview will show in Recent changes (when they make an action, of course)
- We will not change the implementation of the RC filters, so that should stay as-is. T318457 will bring it to the biggest wikis, where it is not yet available.