We use click tracking to measure bounce rate however when disabling talk pages as on https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Spain several key HTML markup is lost that prevents us tracking clicks to key components. These are the add discussion button and section headings.
For click tracking to work, the clickable item needs to have a data-event-name attribute.
- 1. Web Team: in what schema would you value the clicks/taps on the section headings that appear within the mobile "Read as wiki page" talk page view be logged within?
- MobileWebUIActions schema per T295490#7961266.
- A) Clicks should be recorded when add discussion is clicked (data-event-name="talkpage.add-topic")
- B) Clicks should be recorded when headings are clicked (data-event-name="talkpage.section")
- Editing Team QTE verifies clients are emitting events as expected
- Product Analytics verifies client-side events are being logged as expected on the server
The data-event-name attribute can be set in HTML or in JS eg..