List of steps to reproduce:
- Open Special:Translate for a page which has more than 100 translation units, tab “List”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- (There is a message saying the other translation units are loading.)
- At the end of the loading message, the page moves up to the top and the first translation unit (generally the title of the page) is opened, even if it is already translated.
(If there are less than 100 translation units, the first translation unit is opened when the page loads, I guess it is fine but that’s my opinion only.)
The page moves up and the first translation unit is loaded, even if the user previously opened another translation unit…
What should have happened instead?
…but the page should stay at the bottom and the next 100 translation units should be displayed, and if the user had previously opened a translation unit, it should remain open. This would be consistent with the other tabs (“Page” and “Review”).
Software version (if not a Wikimedia wiki), browser information, screenshots, other information, etc:
- MediaWiki: current Wikimedia’s version (1.38.0-wmf.7; rMW272431399e67) and reproductible with master
- Translate: current Wikimedia’s version (2021-10-25; 7d97638) and reproductible with master
- Browser: DDPAT has Google Chrome on a Windows 10 Pro computer; I have Firefox 94 on a Debian computer (we can both reproduce the issue)