🧪 The Editing Team is serving as beta testers of the Product Development Best Practices Playbook by applying it to the Usability Improvements portion of the Talk Pages Project. This task represents doing work to support the steps described in the playbook's DEVELOP step.
This task represents the work with defining the specific populations of people we will partner with.
Note: populations in this context refers to both the projects we will seek to partner with as well as the specific groups of volunteers at these projects we will explicitly seek out and invite to partner with us in this work.
This section contains the objective(s) of/reason(s) for working with specific populations of people in the Usability Improvements design and development processes.
Partner with select populations of volunteers at a set of to-be-defined wikis to increase the likelihood that the Usability Improvement work is successful in enabling:
- Junior Contributors, particularly those who have historically been underrepresented within the Movement, to immediately recognize and use talk pages as places to communicate with other volunteers.
- Senior Contributors to more easily and quickly get a sense for the number of conversations happening on a talk page and level of activity within them
This section contains the requirements the group of wikis we partner with will need to collectively fulfill.
- A wiki whose volunteers contribute in an RTL language
- A wiki whose volunteers contribute in an LTR language
- A wiki whose volunteers contribute in a non-Latin script
- A wiki whose contributor base includes populations of people from/living in East Asia [i]
- A wiki whose contributor base includes populations of people from/living in Africa [i]
- A wiki whose contribute base includes populations of people defined in the ===Partner Populations section above
This section will contain the wikis that satisfy the ===Selection Criteria above that we will partner with in the Usability Improvement work.
- The groups of volunteers we will seek to partner directly with are documented within the ===Partner Populations section
- The projects we will seek to partner directly with are documented within the ===Partner Wikis section