We need to make sure to define and document all the system compliant typographic styles.
The properties of the defined typographic styles and scale will be translated into our font design tokens.
As a designer, I need to have access to the system's typographic scale, so I'm aware of which font styles I can apply, and where, when creating system compliant designs.
We should evaluate the need and advantages of distributing Codex text styles as mixins. This effort would be captured in the AC list below and in a separate task.
Acceptance criteria (or Done)
As an outcome of this task, the system's typographic styles and their properties will be defined:
- Typefaces “aka font families” (T305920)
- Document typefaces used for Figma as Codex tokens T313693
- Provide font families as Codex tokens
- Font sizes and line-heights (typographic scale) (T305947)
- Font weights
- Add font-weight to Codex tokens, this has happened already in first iteration of Codex tokens in Iceb311148e19174bd26afd34e5639caf28f8cd08
- Text decoration
- Provide none, line-through and underline as Codex tokens T318023
- Codex typographic styles (a combination of font family, font size and line-height) are captured as text styles in our Figma library (T295606)