- Post a ==new discussion== (for the first time).
- See the box that says you've been automatically subscribed.
- Click "Okay, I've got it" to dismiss the box.
- See the shadow of the box still on the page.
@Whatamidoing-WMF I don't have a Mac to test on Safari, can you check for me that the patch fixes the problem? I've prepared demo wikis:
- The issue should be reproducible here: https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/5830dd2917/wiki/Talk:Main_Page
- The issue should be fixed here: https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/2e78ec962e/wiki/Talk:Main_Page
I couldn't reproduce on Safari 14.1. Someone else will have to test.
I've cleared the user preference that hides the popup, if someone needs to test multiple times, clear the preference after each test by putting the following in the console:
(new mw.Api()).saveOption( 'discussiontools-seenautotopicsubpopup', '0' );
I'm afraid that I also can't reproduce the shadows lingering, on Safari 15.2.
However, I do notice that the change does make the shadows on the popup much more reliably-present. Pre-patch the shadows don't appear for a second or two after the popup appears, whereas after-patch they're immediate.
The issue was reproducible today in the older PatchDemo instance, and it is fixed in the newer one.
I tested this in Safari Version 15.2 (176184.108.40.206.6) on macOS Monterey 12.1 (21C52).