Updating the limited amount of markers available for maps, and Kartographer in particular, was voiced as a wish in our initial interviews.
According to T145475: Update to latest maki updating the icons for Kartographer requires significant effort. Some icons currently also appear broken because of this T141304: Only a part of MAKI symbols is available (previously map icon "castle" broken).
Questions to answer:
- Have the changes to the maps infrastructure T280767: Maps 2.0 roll-out plan made this easier?
- What is required to update the markers?
- Coupling between maki and makizushi was only to pull the rendered icons. This was easy to redo with a newer version.
- How much effort is this?
- Is it possible to make an incremental improvement that is less effort?
- Yes, adding the icons directly.