Initial geodns configuration for allowing some public traffic flow into our new drmrs site!
- Define drmrs in geodns config, mapping only our own internal drmrs networks to it (already done in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/dns/+/771342 )
- Enable as primary destination for Cyprus as initial public traffic test
- Expand initial testing to PT (Portugal)
- Expand initial testing to ES (Spain)
- Expand initial testing to FR (France)
- Enable as fallback destination when esams is offline, replacing the old geo-maps-esams-offline hack
- Do some esams->drmrs failover testing!
Beyond this, probably in separate subtasks that will take a bit longer:
- Research latency estimations and create a reasonably-optimal map for sending all of the appropriate countries to drmrs as their primary choice
- Phase this map in over several commits to ramp up to the full map
- If esams/drmrs load split seems excessively uneven, consider moving some large-traffic cases in western europe, where the latency diff is small, to help level them out better.