Microtask 2 of T304826
[Time estimate to complete: 30 min]
Task: Create a choropleth map (using Plotly library) based on the attached CSV file, which has data about "Mobile cellular subscriptions (per 100 people)" of countries from 1960 to 2019. However, plot the data only from 1999 to 2019. The map should be interactive with ability with hover and a slider to select year.
Submission instructions: Please use Jupyter Notebooks for this task. You may create your notebook on my platform (Google Colab, PAWS etc.). GColab is better as it can be shared directly with me, however, that is upto the applicant. After completion, submit a shareable link along with Phabricator username privately to me @KCVelaga on Zulip (don't post the link publicly). I will confirm whoever has submitted the micro-task here and your application as well.
- This is a very simple task, which may require 3-5 blocks (or 10-20 lines of code) only.
- Don't worry if you haven't used Plotly library before. If you have used Matplotlib or Seaborn, it would be quite easy.
- The interactive features (hover and slider) are provided by Plotly, you need not worry about designing them.
- If you want to complete faster, you can use Plotly Express, but may also use Plotly Graph Objects, which gives finer control of the map.
- The following two articles are sufficient to complete the task, even if you haven't used Plotly before: https://plotly.com/python/choropleth-maps/ and https://plotly.com/python/sliders/
- If during evaluation, if it is identified that the code is copied, the micro-task submission will be considered as invalid.
- For any doubts, you can post them to this ticket or ask on Zulip stream #gsoc2022: campaign retention metrics dashboard