This task involves the work of deciding how to move forward with implementing the last comment indicator that the Editing Team is proposing included in the set of talk page Usability Improvements they are implementing.
- The Usability Improvement design concepts (T299814) propose the introduction of a dynamic string of text that will appear beneath talk page titles. This text would include:
- The date when the last comment was published to the page
- The username of the person who published the last comment
- The section within which the last comment was published
- The introduction of "1." would conflict with the existing siteSub message which individual projects have the ability to set/define
"1." and "2." amount to the ===Open questions listed below, which we will address as part of this task.
- 1. What – if any – concerns do volunteers have about the Editing Team repurposing the siteSub element to display the "last comment indicator" ?
- 2. What – if any – concerns does the WMF Legal Team have about the Editing Team repurposing the siteSub element to display the "last comment indicator" ?
- 3. How could the "last comment indicator" be used as a vector for abuse? What – if anything – can be done to prevent this from happening?
- 4. How might the Editing Team implement the "last comment indicator" on mobile considering there does not seem to be a preexisting place/component/element for it to be placed within and appear in the position the designs specifies (immediately beneath the page title)?
- Answers to all ===Open questions are documented in this task ---
|Current siteSub at bn.wiki|
|Current siteSub at en.wiki|
|Current siteSub at vi.wiki|