As a Campaigns team member,
I want to understand the feasibility, technical complexity, and pros/cons of migrating our design system from OOUI to Codex,
So that I can make better-informed decisions on whether/how/when we should implement Codex/Vue.js and why.
Deliverable / Acceptance Criteria
- Document containing our available options for implementing Codex/Vue.js, with pros/cons of each, and recommended approach.
Resources / Notes from Previous Discussions
- We aim to create the front end in a mediwiki extension CampaignEvents Mediawiki Extension on gerrit using Special Pages
- If we use Vue.js the special page will, in theory, be responsive without us having to do much extra work
- Vue.js components aren’t automatically integrated yet (doesn't support server side rendering)
- Vue.js supports very few no-js components
- Non-concerns (secondary or not important)
- Will require the team to learn Vue.js (Michelle has experience)
- Who is using this?
Timebox: 3 days