As an administrator, I want to block a user from editing my Wikimedia project from my mobile device, so that I can stop them vandalising pages.
There are a number of administrator tools which are accessible from dropdown menus in the top right of a page in desktop view, or in the left sidebar. Functionality like Delete and Protect, and changing user groups have been made available via the overflow menu on mobile web. Usually this overflow menu is only visible when Advanced Mobile Contributions is turned on, but on user pages it was made visible to all users (T232653).
When on a user page, administrators expect to find a link to Block this user in the overflow menu, but this isn't currently present.
The menu item should be styled in the same way as the other elements. In terms of menu order, the Block button should be placed between User Groups and Logs.
OOUI icon name: block
These are all in the context of users using Minerva Neue via the mobile site. The desktop experience should be unchanged.
- Logged-in users with the block user right (including sysops) see a Block link in the Overflow menu on user and user talk namespace pages
- The block link should take users to Special:Block/USERNAME where USERNAME is the username of the user whose user page is being viewed
- Logged-in users without the block user right do not see a Block link in the Overflow menu
- Logged out users see no change
- The Block link should not show in the Overflow menu on pages which are not in the user or user talk namespaces