Problem:Usability testers struggled to understand the purpose of the Talk Page when the topics were collapsed by default.
- Approach #1: Expose one dropdown on all mobile talk pages by default.
- Uncollapsing only one might just make it so that's the only section they think exist. via T308026#7917837.
- The first section is usually the oldest and possibly least relevant. via T308026#7920714.
- Approach #2: Expose one piece of metadata within collapsed Topic Container (e.g. date of last comment, number of comments, number of people in discussion)
- Make it easier for people to parse the metadata within Topic Containers, and therefore understand them as representing discussions, by reducing the amount of metadata presented within them.
- Approach #3: Show the first ___px of the conversation
- Some kind of Show more affordance would need to be present so that people could expand/reveal the entirety of the discussion. See prototype: https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/aed6d63dcecc14ee69aa3c7405c32c4c/w/index.php/Talk:Main_Page .