Due to the security fix (bug 28534, bug 28639) all ajax calls with a '.' have problems in IE:
- It is not possible to watch/unwatch a page with '.' (like skin.js/.css)
- Search suggestion shows no pages, if you search for a page with '.'
- the link insertion dialog (Extension WikiEditor) give no suggestion for links with a '.'
- Encode the '.' in ajax requests (%2E)
- allow at least one '&' behind the '.' That does not helps for all ajax calls, but some of them.
This is not bug 28840, because the bug tracks the problems with the ressource loader (stylesheets, scripts).