List of steps to reproduce (step by step, including full links if applicable):
- See for instance
- Maybe the values in question were imported by faulty bot scripts.
- If these values are used in a Lua script, they can cause runtime errors because the programmers expect to get only checked values.
What should have happened instead?:
- In any case, mw.wikibase.getBestStatements() should return only checked values because they should be the best ones.
Possible ways to treat values which are definitely wrong:
- Refuse the upload of wrong values,
- Downgrade theses values from normal or preferred rank to low rank,
- Check against regex rules,
- Use additional functions which are more effective than regex rules, for instance for url and email addresses.
- At de-voy, in case of urls we are using for some modules the module Module:UrlCheck but this should not the preferred method to handle such wrong values because it is time-consuming.
Software version (if not a Wikimedia wiki), browser information, screenshots, other information, etc.:
- Wikivoyage, Firefox 100
By the way, data quality plays an important role for general acceptance of Wikidata, especially in the Wikipedias.