As a new user creating an account in order to make a specific edit, I want to be able to make an edit as quickly as possible with minimal distraction.
A. Allow new accounts that were created mid-edit to complete their edit before showing a dialog to go to the homepage.
B. Show a message module with a link to complete the Welcome survey for anyone who did not complete survey.
- Uses same design as the 'banner' module but with an additional close icon to enable the user to dismiss it.
- Set an expiry period to remove the banner module 30 days if the WelcomeSurvey is not completed (and it has not already been dismissed by the user).
|Logged out person editing selects the "Create an account" prompt and creates an account||same as current|
|New account $Username is taken to the Special:WelcomeSurvey||$Username is returned to the page to complete their edit|
|$Username leaves Welcome Survey (either completed or not) - may or may not return to their mid-edit||$Username sees a dialog after completing their edit with a CTA to go to the homepage.|
|(at some point later) $Username comes to the Homepage||(at some point later) $Username goes to the homepage with prompt to fill out the WelcomeSurvey (that can be ignored or dismissed).|
- The patches have been code reviewed and merged
- The task passes its acceptance criteria
- There are existing and passing unit/integration tests
- Tests for every involved patch should pass
- Coverage for every involved project should have improved or stayed the same
Design & QA
- If the task is UX/Design related: it must be reviewed and approved by the UX/Design team
- Must be reviewed and approved by Quality Assurance.
- Related and updated documentation done where necessary
- Internal technical changes: internal repository documentation must be updated (README.md, JSDoc, PHPDoc)
- Infrastructure technical changes: technical changes that reflect on environment, infrastructure, endpoints or any other area of interest for technical contributors should be reflected on Extension:GrowthExperiments or Extension:GrowthExperiments/Technical documentation pages.
New users who have already shown an intent to edit should have a streamlined account creation process.
Out of scope:
Eventually it would be ideal if newcomers could create an account without navigating away from the edit they have in process. However any major changes to account creation are out of scope for this task.