Split out from T210428
- We'd need to make sure the definition of "empty" does not accidentally include talk pages that are not actually meant to be used for discussions because we wouldn't want to lead people to think they ought to start discussions on talk pages that do not contain any discussions and are not actually intended for hosting discussions. Perhaps the presence of the _NONEWSECTION_ magic word appearing on a page is sufficient enough signal to prevent said pages from receiving the empty state experience.
- The empty state will appear on talk pages that already exist (read: they contain some content) if both of the following conditions are met:
- A) The page does not contain a signature
- B) The page does not contain a section heading
- Location of the empty state experience
- On desktop, the empty state will appear beneath the content already present on the page
- On mobile, the empty state will usually appear beneath the page title, as the existing content is usually hidden away in the the About this page link. If this doesn't happen the empty state will appear beneath any existing content.