The placeholder of these components displays the placeholder color (Chrome, Safari) or opacity (Firefox) assigned by the browser by default, which unfortunately happens to not have enough contrast in some cases.
What should have happened instead?:
The placeholder of WiKit Inputs (and the derived Lookup) should display the color specified in the Input component tokens: #72777d (or $font-color-subtle).
Software version (if not a Wikimedia wiki), browser information, screenshots, other information, etc.:
Tested in Safari v15.5, Firefox Nightly 104 and Chrome v103 on MacOS Monterey.
(Please note that TextArea is not affected, as it displays the right, specified placeholder color).
- Placeholder color is correctly displayed in Wikit Input, Lookup and TextArea components
- Make a Wikit pre-release for Vue3
- Make a Wikit pre-release for Vue2
- Update Wikit version in Special New Lexeme after doing Wikit Vue3 pre-release
- Update Wikit version in Query Builder after doing Wikit Vue2 pre-release
- Update Wikit version in Mismatch Finder after doing Wikit Vue2 pre-release