- The Campaigns team is building an on-wiki event registration tool.
- Our MVP (target release October 2022) requirements include:
- If in-person event, there should be space for the organizer to share address/location details.
- Participants should be able to quickly see the in-person event location, so they can determine whether they can and/or want to attend.
- Our engineers have aligned on Pelias as the best-available geolocation API provider to help us meet these requirements
- Associated spike task: T305705
- Security preview request: T309410
- Our engineers have recommended that we set up a proxy to Pelias’ web service to avoid sending users’ personal data to a third party, and we would appreciate a review of this proposal from SRE to help us surface risks & have a clearer understanding of requirements.
Primary Contacts on Campaigns team
- @cmelo (tech lead)
- @vyuen (engineering mgr)
- @Daimona (engineer)
- @vaughnwalters (quality test engineer)
- @ifried (product mgr)
- @ldelench_wmf (program mgr)