In T312309, we are going to implement a link within with the DT-enhanced mobile talk page view.
When people tap this link, they will be shown the meta content (read: templates) that can sometimes appear within talk pages' lead sections.
This task involves the work with adding the instrumentation required to analyze how people are engaging with said link so that we can: A) decide whether it should be made more/less discoverable and B) understand what – if any – impact people tapping this link has on the change(s) they go on to subsequently publish to the talk page on which the link appears.
These are the questions the instrumentation we add will need to help us answer.
- On mobile talk pages that contain meta content (read: the "About this page" link is shown), how does the quality of talk page edits vary between people who view this meta content and people do not view it?
- Of all the visits people make to mobile talk pages that contain the "About this page" link, what percentage of people tap this link? How does engagement (read: taps) with the "About this page" link compare to engagement with other affordances on the page?
Instrumentation is required to identify the following events:
- Clicks to the "About this page" link
- Visits to mobile talk pages that contain the "About this page" link
- Clicks to other affordances on mobile talk pages that contain the "About this page" link
- Edits performed by users that clicks the "About this page" link
- ===Instrumentation requirements are documented that will enable us to answer the ===Research questions
- ===Instrumentation requirements are implemented