This ticket involves the work of revising where and how the Add Topic button appears on mobile talk pages so that: A) people can more easily discover and "reach" the affordance regardless of where they are on the talk page and B) we can create room for the Learn more about this page link T312309 introduces.
Note: we had previously planned to implement the change described above in T312309.
- Skin(s): Minerva Neue
- Mobile DiscussionTools State: Enabled
- Move the Add topic button that currently appears atop mobile talk pages to be anchored to the bottom of the page with a reveal on scroll interaction. Upon loading, the Add topic button is visible on the screen.
- The Add topic button should disappear when:
- People doing anything that causes the keyboard to appear on-screen
- When the user scrolls down
- The Add topic button should reappear when:
- When the user scrolls up – unless they're at the bottom of the screen, in which case the button is already anchored there after the last topic.
|On page load||When scrolling down the page||When scrolling up the page||At the bottom of the page|
- Requirements are drafted and implemented
- Mockups are posted