For calculating Unique Editor metrics by Country (T314147) the Data Engineering team updated editors_daily table and now the user_fingerprint_or_id has been changed to user_fingerprint_or_name .
After discussing with @Iflorez and @kzimmerman We believe the shift impacts editors and it is not worth the effort to reconcile the difference. We have decided to stop calculating and reporting on global market breakdown for Editors going forward.
Next Steps -
- Remove the metrics from the Superset dashboard T317265
- - moved to T316398 - Update PA job to remove ETL to update global market active editors job T316398
- @Iflorez will Detail the info to convey re impact on the change. Share & discuss with Maya T316689
- Kate will post msg on DE Slack channel and ask for who to work with in addition to Emil
- Announcement - Maya (Emil is out this week) will draft the message. PA will review
- send in Product-analytics email DL and relevant Slack channels
- Announcement to include FAQs like 'what does this mean to me?' , 'will readers and content market breakdown also be removed?' etc.