Being able to access the page tools when scrolled down the page (i.e. not just at the top of the page) can be useful for people. Having a sticky page tools menu also means the page tools menu will match the behavior of the table of contents.
- similar to the table of contents the page tools menu will need a max-height and overflow: scroll
- Make sure that the Page tools handles overflow nicely. Similar to the TOC, it should have a fade at the bottom when its max-height is exceeded.
- Visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Cat when logged-in. Make sure you are using a username that can see the sticky header (I believe we still have A/B code running on beta for the sticky header)
- Scroll down so that page tools is sticky
- Resize the bottom of your viewport so that a scrollbar appears in page tools. Ensure the scroll indicator at the bottom is also visible when not scrolled to the bottom of the TOC.
Because this patch also changed some styles related to the TOC, please also ensure that the TOC remains usable when its scrollbar appears and when it is:
- In the sidebar
- In the sticky header
- In the page toolbar
QA Results - Beta
QA Results - Prod