In T298062, we will run an A/B test on mobile talk pages to evaluate the cumulative impact of all of the DiscussionTools we've built. [i]
This task involves deploying the aforementioned suite of mobile DiscussionTools at ja.wiki ahead of the A/B test beginning. This way, we can ensure these features are working in the ways: A) volunteers expect them to and B) we have designed them to.
@ppelberg to document deployment timing once finalized
- Japanese Wikipedia (ja.wiki)
- People who meet the criteria below will see the Reply Tool, New Topic Tool, Topic Subscriptions, and Usability Improvements (Topic Containers, Clear Affordances, and Page Frame) when visiting any Article or User talk pages:
- People using the Minerva Neue skin
- People accessing any of the wikis listed in the Deployment Wikipedias section above
Minimum test case
- At one of the wikis listed in Deployment Wikipedias above, visit an article or user talk page
- Topic Containers
- Clear Affordances:
- Verify that Reply buttons appear next to each signed comment
- Verify that Reply buttons are styled in the way we defined in T309904.
- Read Reply buttons ought to appear on the line beneath the comment to which they are related and be preceded by an arrow [in LTR languages].
- Reply Tool:
- Verify that upon tapping any Reply button the Reply Tool opens
- New Topic Tool:
- Verify that upon tapping the Add topic button that appears at the top of the talk page (the location of this button will change in T316175), the New Topic Tool opens
- Topic Subscriptions:
- Verify that 🔔 Subscribe affordances appear within each Topic Container as defined in F35267400/T310914
- Verify that you receive a notification when a new comment is posted in a topic you subscribed to using mobile talk pages
- Verify that you do NOT receive a notification when a new comment is posted in a topic you unsubscribed from
- Page Frame:
- Verify that at the top of the talk page, beneath the page toolbar, you see and can use the latest comment indicator in the ways we defined in T306675.
- Requirements are implemented and verified as having been implemented
i. Reply Tool, New Topic Tool, Topic Subscriptions, and Usability Improvements (Topic Containers, Clear Affordances, and Page Frame)