This task represents the work with enabling "Clear Affordances" as a feature within the existing Discussion tools Beta Feature at the Phase 1 Wikis.
Tuesday, 18 October
"Phase 1" Deployment Wikis
All Wikimedia wikis EXCEPT:
- People who meet the criteria below will see the new Reply affordance styling when visiting any Article or User talk pages on desktop:
- People who have the Discussion tools beta feature enabled
- People who have the Show discussion activity setting within Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing enabled
- People accessing any one of the "Phase 1" Deployment Wikis using the desktop version of the site
Minimum test case
- At the wikis listed in Deployment wikis above, visit Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures
- Ensure the Discussion tools Beta Feature is enabled and the Show metadata about each discussion and enable a new page layout. list item appears within it
- Visit a User or Article talk page
- Verify that all Reply links/buttons appear in the way(s) we defined in T309904
- Visit a talk page that is NOT in the User or Article talk namespace and verify that Reply links appear as they did prior to this deployment and the Add topic button T267444 introduces is not visible. Read: talk page sections should continue being styled as they had before today's deployment.
- Requirements are implemented and verified as having been implemented