In order to automate some of the acceptance testing of basic banner behaviour we could extend the test cases in our Dandy repository https://gitlab.com/fun-tech/dandy/-/tree/main/tests
🔰 Might be a good beginner-friendly ticket to get a feeling for the banner features.
Some of the banner behaviour (derived from an official checklist of the Fundraising Team):
- each of the following checks should check desktop and mobile channels, be as skin-independent as possible
- click on X -> the banner should close and not be visible anymore, a cookie should get set
- on mobile: clicking on the action button at the bottom expands the banner, the fullpage banner is shown (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/3)
- there should be a 7 second delay before the banner scrolls in
- on wikipedia.de the banner immediately pops in ( no delayed transition )
- desktop: on big viewports there is a big text element, on small viewports the slider element is shown (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/4)
- the slides of the slider element are slide-able (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/4)
- the slides of the slider element should start moving automatically (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/4)
- the slides of the slider element should stop auto-moving when a user interacts (clicks) on a slide/slide control element (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/4)
- (if date > main campaign start date: ) is the progress bar visible?
- is the use of funds link working? check if the modal is visible (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/2)
- (check if important elements of the use of funds modal are visible) (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/2)
- donationform: if a user misses filling out a field and clicks on submit: red error markers should be visible in the respective form section
- if a user causes a validation error and solves it, clicks on submit: the red error markers should be gone again
- if the viewport is too small (check size issue threshold): the banner should not be loaded
- mobile only: selecting a payment interval > 1 causes "Sofortüberweisung" to be disabled (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/3)
- in the use of funds overlay: clicking on <Donate Now> at the bottom causes the overlay to close, the fullpage form is focused in the viewport (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/2)
- checking donation form values: are interval, payment type, donation amount passed correctly to the spenden.wikimedia.de page on submit?
- is there an animated text highlighting in the banner text? (slides and fulltext) (https://github.com/wmde/Dandy/pull/3)
- does submitting on an english banner lead to https://spenden.wikimedia.de with &locale=en_GB ?
- does submitting on a german banner lead to https://spenden.wikimedia.de with &locale=de_DE ?
- not sure if that is possible with dandy: check if events get fired (TBD)
- This is derived from a manual check list.