T286466 introduced a new "Contribute" item within Minerva Neue's navigation menu.
This task involves the work with implementing the instrumentation required to evaluate (T332059) how people engage with this new "Contribute" menu item – and the contribution types that appear within it – in ways that enable us answer the === Research questions listed below.
The research questions below are copied from T332059.
|1.||When people open the "Contribute" menu, do they find what they expect|
|2.||When people tap on something within the "Contribute" menu, does it do what they expected?|
|3.||Who is accessing/using the new "Contribute" menu?|
|4.||Are people using this menu to publish edits that wikis value?|
|5.||[optional] How does the rate at which people complete edits through the "Contribute" menu compare to the rates of other entry points? [i]|
- 1. What team (Editing/Language/Web) will assume responsibility for implementing instrumentation?
- 2. What team (Editing/Language/Web) will assume responsibility for verifying instrumentation is logged as expected on client?
- 3. Who will assume responsibility for verifying instrumentation is logged as expected on server
- All === Instrumentation requirements are documented
- Answers to all === Open questions are documented
- Instrumentation verified as logging correctly on client
- Instrumentation verified as logging correctly on server
i. We will answer question 5. to the extent that instrumentation that has already be implemented enables us to. Said another way: we will not invest any effort into instrumenting other editing entry points in order to answer this question.