The Contribute entry point is a persistent entry point that lists the different ways for editors to contribute. This is an extensible list where different products can add new ways to contribute. In this way users can discover the ways in which they can contribute, and have a place always available to return to them when needed. The entry point is available on the beta cluster to try: check it for English (mobile or desktop) and Bangla ( mobile or desktop).
This Epic ticket will compile the tasks related to complete this entry point, extend it with more options, make it available gradually on more wikis, document it and support scaling the approach as the options to contribute grow.
Basic support and polishing
- Initial implementation: T286466: Persistent contribution entry point on the mobile navigation menu
- Adjusting access from mobile navigation menu: T319327: [S] Make Special:Contribute the default entry point in the menu
- Design polishing: T321550: Responsive adjustments and styling for Contribute persistent entry point
- T321746: Implement instrumentation required to evaluate how people engage with new "Contribute" menu
- T321386: Instrument the Translation activity for the persistent entry point
- T319362: Initial enablements for the new Special:Contribute page entry point on mobile
- T327868: Enable the new Special:Contribute page entry point for desktop on selected wikis
- T336839: Inform initial communities about the Contribute entry point
- T327874: Enable the new Special:Contribute page entry point for all Wikipedias on desktop and mobile
- Update navigation menu/bar from "Contributions" to "Contribute"
- Include an example line on mobile to anticipate the type of activities.
- Redirect to the persistent entry point to those discovered the tool through contextual entry points:
Contribution activities for the list
- Translate: T319306: Adjust visibility for the option to translate in the Persistent Contribution entry point
- Suggested edits: T320826: Add "Suggested edits" to new user contributions menu
- Campaigns: T289890: Create access to event center
- New page: T327063: Adjust "New page" option of the Contribute options to point to a community page when it exists
Scaling the system
- T333327: Remove the contribution options exposed in user/contributions menu
- Provide support for filtering
- Surface activities frequently accessed by the user.
- Allow communities to adjust activities (e.g., change destination): T321379: Special:Contribute should give the possibility to prevent specific cards from being displayed or change the link target