- As a newcomer, I want access to the new and improved Impact module, because seeing more personalized stats and visualization will help keep me engaged.
- As an existing user with access to the Newcomer Homepage, I also want access to the new and improved Impact module, for the same reason as the newcomers.
- As a Growth team member, I want to know what the effect of the new and improved Impact module is on the newcomer experience, which means we will run a controlled experiment with said module.
- 50% of new user registrations are assigned to the new impact module, 50% will see the old module
- All existing users will have the new impact module as the default
- Add an Image experiment will be disabled as we move to this Impact Module A/B test (T323686)
For users on ar, bn, cs, or es Wikipedia:
- If I am an existing user with the Newcomer Homepage enabled I see the new Impact module when I visit the Homepage
- If I register on the wiki during the experiment there is a 50% chance I am assigned to the new Impact module group and see that when I visit the Homepage, otherwise I see the old Impact module
- If I register on the wiki during the experiment, my default tasks are the Add a Link structured task and the copy edit unstructured task, with the Add an Image task available for selection in the task menu (T323686)