Page MenuHomePhabricator

Property name gets renamed in case a value starts with a colon (1.8 alpha)
Closed, DeclinedPublic

Description

I just realised that the name of a property gets "renamed" and is thus listed as a wanted property after the entry of an invalid property value. The normal behaviour would be to throw a message that the property value is not valid. This happens if the property value starts with a colon, e.g. ":0049 30 12345678" as a value for the property "Ruf" would result in a wanted property "Ruf:" with the value "0049 30 12345678". Additionally the value gets displayed like a property value of datatyp page though the defined datatype of the property "Ruf" is telephone number. The same happens to datatype quantity and temperature. I have recreated this at scratchy: http://scratchpad.referata.com/wiki/Ruf

MW 1.17.0 and SMW 1.5.6 or SMW 1.6.1, probably happening to SMW 1.6.0 and SMW <1.5.6 though not tested.


Version: unspecified
Severity: minor

Details

Reference
bz30603

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Low.Nov 21 2014, 11:56 PM
bzimport set Reference to bz30603.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
Kghbln created this task.Aug 28 2011, 10:20 PM
Kghbln added a comment.Jun 5 2012, 9:42 PM

This problem still persists on SMW 1.8 alpha and MW 1.18.3

I just tried to add a space in front of the colon as suggested for properties containing something like "<" [1], but this did not help the cause either.

[1] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Selecting_pages#Greater_than_or_equal.2C_less_than_or_equal

Aklapper closed this task as Declined.Mar 3 2015, 5:50 PM
Aklapper added a subscriber: Aklapper.

The Semantic MediaWiki developers requested in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T64114 to move their task tracking to https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues and to close remaining tasks in Wikimedia Phabricator. If you still face the problem reported in this task in a supported version of SMW, please feel free to transfer your report to https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues . We are sorry for the inconvenience.

See pull request 1066 which should solve this issue and is scheduled for SMW 2.3