This enhancement request replaces Bug 28074 - "Add support for transclusion to Special:NewFiles/<username>"
In bug 28074 the use case of user motivation by enabling an embeddable gallery of ones own images is discussed. The present situation is:
- Special:NewFiles has a gallery style and shows newest images first, but can neither be restricted to a user, nor is it embeddable.
- Special:ListFiles has a technical tabular style with thumbs, shows newest images first and is embeddable.
- Add the gallery display of NewFiles as an option to ListFiles in a syntax that can be used during embedding (e.g. Special:NewFiles/Gallery)
- Add an option how many files are shown in a syntax that can be used during embedding (e.g. Special:NewFiles/<username>/n=20)
- Dissolve the present, largely duplicated NewFiles and make it a redirect to the gallery style of Special:NewFiles
This would close bug 28074 (gallery of user-images can be embedded on user pages) and probably also bug 14964 (ListFiles provides full functionality of NewFiles mentioned in that bug, and the toggle Gallery/List would then be implemented).