When using the ChipContainer component for example to add aliases to a function definition, the component initially looks like an input.
If the user writes a string and steps to the next field, the input looks like "filled"
But because the user hasn't pressed enter, the text hasn't been "submitted" and transformed into a chip. This means that the user might believe that they have entered a string as alias, but when saving, this value will not be saved.
We should probably avoid a state in which this input looks "filled" but it's really not by either:
- clearing it when a user focuses out without actually having submitted the text and converted it into a chip, or
- automatically submitting and converting whatever existing text is there in the input field when focusing out the field
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://wikifunctions.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Z10097&action=edit
- Write a text in the Alias field and, without pressing enter, press "tab" or focus on another field
- The field looks "filled", which is misleading to the user, who might thing that their value will be saved while it won't
Expected behavior (Acceptance criteria):
- Clear the field or submit the text, but don't leave it in a "middle" state that looks like it's filled
Devices and Design (URLs or screenshots, if applicable):
- Desktop: ...
- Small screens/mobile: ...
- Before closing this task, review one by one the checklist available here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Abstract_Wikipedia_team/Definition_of_Done#Front-end_Task/Bug_Completion_Checklist