Our current openstack deployment utilizes a simple flat networking setup that requires usage of a now seemingly 'deprecated' / 'experimental' technology in upstream Openstack T326373: Neutron linuxbridge 'experimental' in Zed. It also prevents us from adopting useful features, such as tenant networking T270694: CloudVPS: introduce tenant networks, Octavia (load balancers), that cause issues or limitations when adopting new features. For example, T321220: Openstack Magnum network setup.
Therefore, as noted in T326373#8508661, we should plan a migration off a linuxbridge agent. To do so, we need to redeploy Openstack. Given the age of our Openstack deployment, and the fact we do not currently have a repeatable deployment (that is, the ability to redeploy our cloud on demand), let's explore current methods utilized by upstream and other cloud operators.
- openstack-ansible: https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible
- Kolla-ansible https://opendev.org/openstack/kolla-ansible
- Kayobe https://opendev.org/openstack/kayobe
TripleO https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-ansible https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-quickstart(discontinued)
- Bifrost https://opendev.org/openstack/bifrost
- openstack-helm https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-helm/
- airship https://docs.airshipit.org/
Others welcome! See also: https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/deployment-tools